Hello, this is Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso -- your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
In running a startup, time management is a key skill for the founder.
Here are some key steps in managing time:
- Set up a schedule with standard meetings, routines, and to-dos that recur each week or month.
- Schedule your day in advance so you’re ready to execute the day when it comes.
- As new issues come up, have a plan for how you’ll manage it -- do it now, add it to an existing scheduled time, or create a new schedule time for it.
- Use agendas for meetings so you cover all the necessary topics and can add to the agenda when new items come up.
- Set clear job descriptions for the team so it’s easier to delegate items.
- Choose carefully what you pursue and say “no” often.
- You have an ideal client so you should also have an ideal list of what you work on.
- Grow and develop your team so they can take tasks off your desk completely.
- Review your time spend one week out of each month to see how well you are doing.
- Are the tasks taking the most time aligned with your goals?
- As the startup grows, you’ll need to adjust your focus to higher-level activities.
- Build reading, research, and thinking time into your schedule.
Encourage your team to follow the same practices.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact email@example.com
Music courtesy of Bensound