When to Follow On
Hello, this is Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso -- your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
In most startup funding, there will be a need for additional rounds of funding.
Here are some questions to ask before making that follow-on investment:
- Does the team demonstrate integrity?
- Do they have traction in the market yet?
- Do they hit milestones and are they good to work with?
- Is the follow-on round part of a plan, or did they just run out of money?
- Does their original plan still hold, or is it now a whole new ballgame?
- Does the startup have a board that is driving the plan, or does the startup seem rudderless?
- Will the follow-on funding take them to the next level, or will they be back asking for more in six months regardless of this raise?
- Do you feel like you understand the business and what is going on, or do you feel puzzled and concerned about it?
Add up the responses to these questions to determine if you should follow on with more funding.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact email@example.com
Please follow, share, and leave a review.
Music courtesy of Bensound.