Hello, this is Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso -- your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
The board leader can make the board meetings more effective.
Here are some points to consider:
- Set up meetings that don’t conflict with holidays or heavy travel schedules.
- Send out the board package in time for review.
- Focus the agenda on the top issues.
- Demand the attention of the board members and discourage distractions.
- Facilitate the discussions to ensure the topic is well covered.
- Make sure everyone gets their say.
- Extract an action plan from the meeting so the company can move forward.
- Board members have a fiduciary duty to the company.
- They must put the board’s interest above their own.
- They must act in good faith with no ulterior motives.
- Finally, the board member must exercise good business judgment.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org