VC Fund Core Documents
Hello, this is Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso -- your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
In raising a fund, you’ll need to set up the legal documents that define how and when the limited partners provide the funds, what the fund manager will do with those funds, and how they will return the funds back to the limited partners.
Here are some key details to include in a fund document:
- Show who will manage the fund and what duties they have.
- Discuss the fees and expenses for the fund managers.
- Define profits and losses and how they are calculated.
- Consider tax implications for the investors and maximize for tax efficiency.
- Describe circumstances in which the limited partners must make a decision, such as adding new investors or extending the fund.
- Show compliance with the laws around tax, transfers, and liability of the members.
- Include indemnifications by the fund for the general partners in the case of damages.
- List the redemption rights, if any, by limited partners.
- Finally, discuss the distribution of profits, losses, assets, and the dissolution of the fund.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow, share, and leave a review.
Music courtesy of Bensound.