Segment Your Data
Hello, this is Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso -- your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
In running metrics, it’s important to segment your data as you grow.
Segmentation helps identify the factors driving growth.
Here is a list of ways to segment your data:
- Location - the geographic location of the customer such as city, state, region, or country.
- Industry - the market the customers work in, such as financial services, or healthcare.
- Size - the size of the company by revenue, employee count, or customer count.
- Channel - the method through which the customer found your product or service such as social media, content marketing, or affiliate partner.
- Frequency - how often the customer used the product such as daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Behavioral - what problem is the customer trying to solve with the product or what features they use the most.
More insights will come if you look at the metrics by cohort.
Cohorts are customers who have a common experience with your product or service.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact email@example.com
Please follow, share, and leave a review.
Music courtesy of Bensound.