Hello, this is Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso -- your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
In running a board, there will be conflicts and bad behavior.
Here are some to watch out for:
- The board member who disrupts the group and takes the discussion off-track from the agenda.
- The member who must have it their own way every time.
- The member who doesn’t know the topic well but must weigh-in as a thought leader nevertheless.
- The member who rambles and repeats the same topics and questions and cannot move forward.
- The member who disrespects the group and talks down to others.
You can modify those bad behaviors during or just after the meeting noting the behavior.
For major problems, there may need to be a more substantial discussion outside the meeting.
It’s important to intervene when you see these behaviors as they will continue.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact email@example.com