Diligencing the Use of Funds
Hello, this is Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso -- your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
In diligencing the startup’s use of funds, check the following points:
- How much is spent on compensation?
- Is it appropriate for an early-stage company?
- How much is spent on sales, and does it align with the company’s sales strategies?
- How much is spent on marketing, and what assurance is there that the funds will be well deployed?
- How many new hires are being brought on, and when?
- How does this affect the company’s cash position?
- Does the plan miss any important requirements, such as filing full patents on the provisionals?
- Does the spend match with the growth strategy, and are the investors and team aligned on that strategy?
It’s often the case the investors want one growth plan, and the startup wants to pursue a different one.
Gaining alignment upfront on these issues prevents problems in the future.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact email@example.com
Please follow, share, and leave a review.
Music courtesy of Bensound.