Hello, this is Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso -- your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
In the deal process, there are always issues that give the investor cause to rethink pursuing the investment.
Here is a short list of dealbreakers that indicate it’s time to break off the deal process.
- There are major surprises, such as finding out the company has significant debt they did not disclose previously.
- There are major holes, such as finding out a team member is not signing up to work on the project as previously mentioned.
- There are integrity issues, such as a mismatch between what the founder tells you and what is actually there.
- There is a significant change to the potential of the business, such as finding out the market is not as large as previously considered.
- Finally, there’s the inability to come to terms as both sides are too far apart.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org