Choosing the Regulatory Environment
Hello, this is Hall T. Martin with the Startup Funding Espresso -- your daily shot of startup funding and investing.
As angel networks expand across the globe, those groups outside the U.S. should also consider their local regulatory environment before launching an angel network.
Here are some points to consider:
- Is there a legal environment that allows for investment structures for venture funding?
- Are there any restrictions on the number of investors, ownership, or exiting the business?
- Do the local laws protect the investor as well as the startup?
- What are the bankruptcy laws and how do they treat debtors and lenders?
- What are the tax laws and how do they impact angel investors?
- Are there protections for intellectual property and its holders?
- What are the laws around hiring and firing employees?
- Can employees own shares and options legally, and if so, what is their tax treatment?
- Can the business bring in workers from outside the country?
While these issues are clear in the U.S. and for the most part foster angel investing, other countries have not yet built out their regulatory environment to foster it.
Thank you for joining us for the Startup Funding Espresso where we help startups and investors connect for funding.
Let’s go startup something today.
For more episodes from Investor Connect, please visit the site at: http://investorconnect.org
Check out our other podcasts here: https://investorconnect.org/
For Investors check out: https://tencapital.group/investor-landing/
For Startups check out: https://tencapital.group/company-landing/
For eGuides check out: https://tencapital.group/education/
For upcoming Events, check out https://tencapital.group/events/
For Feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow, share, and leave a review.
Music courtesy of Bensound